Sunday, February 28, 2016

All things pink

This past January I had the honor to host a baby shower for my best friend, Katie. We have been friends since our junior year in high school. We met at my first job in Liverpool, NY at Discovery Zone. She was assigned to teach me the ins and outs of birthday party hosting and how to properly clean a ball pit. We quickly bonded and became inseparable.  (We even dressed alike on occasion!)


Even though we live in different states now she is still one my best friends. Shortly after finding out she was pregnant I asked her if our friend Chrissy and I could throw her a small baby shower down here in Florida. Both of mine and Chrissys moms also live down here and were very close to Katie growing up and wanted to be part of celebrating baby girl M! 

I absolutely loved being able to do this for her. Not to mention I was able to create decorations and a theme using pink! After 4 years of birthday parties for my son it was fun to immerse myself in all things girly! I quickly decided on a theme of pink, gold, silver, and all things sparkly! (My husband says he still finds glitter around!)




While searching for ideas for the party online I came across personalized baby blocks on etsy. I loved the idea so much but didn't want to buy them, I wanted to make them...  so of course I had to enlist the help of my very handy husband in making the blocks and then I did the rest!


I put her daughters name of one side and then the back baby girl m, in case she wanted the name to be a surprise. 


I also made her a memory box. I decoupaged scrap paper using colors from her nursery onto a box I bought at Michaels and then stenciled her name on the top. 



This is my creation, a onesie bouquet! 










I loved every minute of planning this shower for her and can not wait to meet her little girl this spring!





  

2 comments: