Sunday, January 22, 2017

Max's 5th Birthday Party: Calling all Superheroes!

This past August we celebrated Max's 5th birthday. He had finally moved on from his train obsession to a new one... superheroes! He especially loves the Marvel characters, with iron man being his favorite. But I decided to incorporate a mix of Marvel and DC comics in the decor along with Superhero word bursts. 





This theme got me back into drawing. I drew each of the characters and attached them to cardboard to stand them up. 






With his Happy Birthday banner, I used wooden letters I bought from Michaels and painted and decorated each letter to match a different Superhero.



My city scape nightmare! Looked much easier to make than it was (not to mention getting it to stay on the wall!) 



I also bought some Marvel wall clings and put them throughout the house. 


For the goody bags, I modge podged (is that even a word?) comic book pages onto paper bags and then added a Superhero word burst to each bag,


For the cake I purchased a fondant comic book strip and attached it to the cake. 


Just a few outdoor decorations








But the highlight of the party was this party guest...








No comments:

Post a Comment