Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Space Walk of Fame 8k

After missing out on several races I had planned on running this winter due to my bum knee, I was finally able to partake in one. Last Saturday I ran in the Space Walk of Fame 8k. This was comprised of an 8k run or walk and a 2 mile run or walk. 

This was a fun small run that had around 260 runners. It started and ended at Space View park in Titusville. This is a popular little park for rocket launch views located on the Indian River that is less than 15 miles directly across from the launch pads.






The course takes you down mostly shaded, old residential streets along the river. It is a 2 course loop, the first loop completes the 2 mile run and the second loop adds on a 3 mile loop to complete the 8k. It was really peaceful and quiet, I really enjoyed it and will probably sign up for it again next year.


After the race they had free bagels and water (any race that gives me a free bagel after is a winner in my book!) After the race they had a youth series run consisting of a 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and 1 mile run for the kids, but I didn't stick around for that. 

There were a lot of elite runners in this group, so even though I was happy with my time, I still placed somewhere in the middle with my 10 minute mile average pace. After recovering from my knee injury I was happy to just finish without any pain! 



No comments:

Post a Comment