Saturday, August 12, 2017

Max's 6th Birthday Party: I Am One With The Force... Star Wars Party

Max had decided early on that he wanted a Star Wars theme for his 6th birthday party. Since we are all Star Wars fans in this family, I knew this would be a big one. So needless to say the party planning started much earlier this year... like 5 months earlier! 



I wanted to create a theme for each room that revolved around each movie. For A New Hope I wanted to turn our dining room into Mos Eisley Cantina, complete with the Cantina band music playing in the background.










We did not make the cake this year, this time we enlisted a local bakery to make this awesome R2D2 cake.






My husband was super excited this year to also partake in the decor making. He made several models out of styrofoam board.




The living room was dedicated to The Empire Strikes Back. I focused on the Battle of Hoth, Luke's training in Dagobath, and a small dedication to Cloud City.









I finally purchased myself a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. After several years of cutting out small details, I figured I deserved it. I definitely put it to good use for this party. 




The family room was Return of the Jedi. I just dedicated one wall to Endor and then added some touches from the movie throughout the room in the other decor.













Because I am crazy, a week before the party I decided to make these for all the kids. Luckily my very patient husband knows how to use a sewing machine and agreed to teach me how to use it (and somehow we did it without having to hire a divorce lawyer!)

Because we don't have a mansion with 15 different rooms, I combined the prequels and Roque One in our hallway. (I even hung a tribute poster to The Last Jedi).





During the planning Max must have been inspired by all the artwork I was doing and wanted to create his own. We dedicated our other hall to his Star Wars art collection.




The back porch was decorated for The Force Awakens. I didn't put much out here because the heat really makes it difficult to display stuff. 







The kitchen had no specific theme, just random Star Wars decor and our own droid creation.







I actually painted a beach ball silver and added the other details as well. Unfortunately the paint never fully dried for some reason so anytime we touched it we would be covered in silver paint.









We have friends who are also super Star War fans and let us borrow their outside inflatable decorations. Our neighbors much have thought we were nuts when we started putting out "Christmas" decorations in August!










We hired this super awesome local company who will come out to your house and entertain the kids with activities like obstacle courses and tug of war. They will even have a character of your choice join in the fun, we of course had to have Darth Vader surprise the kids.






Even the parents were suckered into participating...




















































2 comments:

  1. WOW! The details you put into this party are incredible! Awesome job...looks like an amazing birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete